River Pines is a beautiful 96 acre community of 355 single-family condominium homes consisting of 110 detached units and 245 units in three- and four-unit buildings. The site is located in Farmington Hills, MI at the intersection of Nine Mile Rd. and Drake.
HomeBack to homepage
From the President
- January 21, 2016
Greetings River Piners. Earlier this week, the Board of Directors had their first meeting of 2016. A contract with Just Windows & Doors for 2016 was approved, and the response from our lawyers regarding the door between each unit and its garage, mentioned in last month’s message, was entered into the minutes; that door is an Association responsibility.
This may be an odd time of year to be talking about foliage, but in late December three representatives of DTE visited, to discuss tree trimming in the vicinity of power lines. This will not be well within River Pines, but will be along Nine Mile road and near the back entrance. The work may begin as early as March. In the nearer term, you may see Greenlawn doing some tree trimming near the units, weather permitting.
You may have noticed (I, frankly, didn’t, since at my address junk mail goes straight into the recycle bin) an advertising post card from some local realtors that included two photographs taken at River Pines, with one being of our entrance sign. This was done without our knowledge and certainly without our permission. There is no connection between River Pines and the source of that postcard, and their use of our image does not imply endorsement. We have directed them, verbally and in writing, to not repeat such an offense.
- December 5, 2015
Greetings, River Piners. On December 1st your Board held its last scheduled meeting of the year. We approved painting contracts for 2016-2018, retaining American Euro for that work. The Board has decided to re-introduce advertising – to be free for co-owners – to the River Pines newsletter, pending the contribution of a legal disclaimer by our lawyers. We also asked our lawyers to clarify responsibility for the door between each unit and its garage. Finally, the Board learned of an incident of vandalism (vehicle tires deflated) within River Pines, which we hope is an isolated incident.
- November 13, 2015
Greetings, River Piners. Your Board of Directors met this past Tuesday, and managed to get some work done. The budget for 2016 was approved, as were contracts covering fertilization, lawn cutting, irrigation, and flowers for the years 2016-2018.
We spent some time discussing traffic safety in River Pines, and I encourage you to please take the posted speed limit seriously. Continue reading →
Around River Pines
- Ice Dams – As we move into February and March, this is the time we see ice dams form on some units. The freezing and thawing weather causes this condition and it can damage the roof of your unit and cause leaks. If you see heavy icicle’s building up around your gutters, give Bob Goodman 248-756-3888 or Greg 734-323-7594 a call and let them know.
- Snow Season – 1/6/16 Remember, the snow season is here so please don’t park on the street when we have snow storms and park your car in the garage so we can clean the driveway effectively.
- Annual Meeting – The 2016 River Pines Annual Meeting will be held on September 21, 2016 at the Costick Center. We will be electing new board members. Please put this date on your calendar and plan to attend.
- Board Meeting – Board meetings are commonly held on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Due to vacation schedules the Board meeting which would typically occur at the end of February is pushed back to March 8th,
- River Pines Breakfast – The Saturday February 6th breakfast at Luigi’s has been cancelled due to renovations at the restaurant. We will notify you of future dates as they are established.
- 2016 Spring Information Meeting This meeting will be on May 18, 2016 at the Farmington Hills Costick Center. The meeting will start at 7:00 pm. Please plan to attend and find out what’s going on in River Pines.
River Pines is managed by McShane & Associates, Inc. and handles the day-to-day administration of the association. Most of your questions or concerns can be handled by contacting their office.
In a condominium association, the Board of Directors establishes the policies, sets the budget and then directs the management firm to carry them out.
Annual Meeting of the Members
The Annual Association Meeting is held in September of each year at the Farmington Hills Costick Center on 11 mile road. Prior to the meeting we will let members know how many board seats are up for election and other issues that may be considered.
Living in River Pines
“Just wanted to share our thoughts about the professional job that Pasko & Tony and their crew from American Euro Painting, Inc. are doing. They spent several days scraping the entire units, caulking, and replacing wood before ever starting to paint. They are methodical, neat,and very hard workers taking great pride in their workmanship. The quality of paint being used gives a rich appearance, especially the front door and garage. Read more from neighbors