River Pines is a beautiful 96 acre community of 355 single-family condominium homes consisting of 110 detached units and 245 units in three- and four-unit buildings. The site is located in Farmington Hills, MI at the intersection of Nine Mile Rd. and Drake.
HomeBack to homepage
From the President
- July 8, 2016
Greetings River Piners. Within the past week you should have received in the mail a copy of the rules that have been recently revised, and which are updates to several sections of the Handbook. Besides the efforts of the Board, a fair amount of co-owner input was considered, including an animated discussion at the Spring Meeting. We hope that the result will be agreeable and effective, and contribute to maintaining the River Pines environment to everyone’s satisfaction.
At last week’s Board meeting, the final audit for 2015 was received. Interested co-owners can request a copy from the management company.
Notes from the Architectural Committee meetings are now available at the River Pines web site. Starting at the home page, you’ll find them under Board of Directors / Committees / Architectural Committee. The Architectural Committee reviews co-owner requests for building modifications, and also makes recommendations for the maintenance and repair of structural aspects of the common element.
- May 25, 2016
Greetings, River Piners, and thank you to the co-owners who attended the Spring meeting last week, where most of the discussion was of the proposed changes to some of our rules. The Board appreciates your taking the time to review those changes and offer comments, suggestions, and criticism. The Board met the following day to discuss what we heard at the Spring meeting and to modify some of the proposals, with some details already communicated in an e-mail blast that went out the following day.
The Board also then met yesterday for the next regular business meeting. We approved the contract for concrete repair for this year, as well as one for a modest amount of tree cutting; the cutting will be that suggested by our tree plan and the trees in question are either near the end of their life or overgrown. The Board also approved hiring an engineering consulting company that specializes in roads to do a sophisticated analysis of our road structure and conditions. This analysis will then be the basis for a long-term road maintenance plan.
Around River Pines
- Spring is in Full Swing – Summer is fast approaching. It’s time to review the new landscaping guidelines and take the necessary action to be in compliance.
- Ice Dams – As we move into February and March, this is the time we see ice dams form on some units. The freezing and thawing weather causes this condition and it can damage the roof of your unit and cause leaks. If you see heavy icicle’s building up around your gutters, give Bob Goodman 248-756-3888 or Greg 734-323-7594 a call and let them know.
- Annual Meeting – The 2016 River Pines Annual Meeting will be held on September 21, 2016 at the Costick Center. We will be electing new board members. Please put this date on your calendar and plan to attend.
- Board Meeting – The next Board meeting will be on July 26th, the fourth Tuesday of the month.
- River Pines Breakfast – The next River Pines breakfast is scheduled for first Saturday of August and every month thereafter, 10:00 am at Kerby’s Coney Island 21200 Haggarty Road. See you there.
- 2017 Spring Information Meeting – The next Spring Information Meeting will be held in May 2017 and the actual date will be posted here as soon as it is available. The meeting will start at 7:00 pm. Please plan to attend and find out what’s going on in River Pines.
River Pines is managed by McShane & Associates, Inc. and handles the day-to-day administration of the association. Most of your questions or concerns can be handled by contacting their office.
In a condominium association, the Board of Directors establishes the policies, sets the budget and then directs the management firm to carry them out.
Annual Meeting of the Members
The Annual Association Meeting is held in September of each year at the Farmington Hills Costick Center on 11 mile road. Prior to the meeting we will let members know how many board seats are up for election and other issues that may be considered.
Living in River Pines
“Just wanted to share our thoughts about the professional job that Pasko & Tony and their crew from American Euro Painting, Inc. are doing. They spent several days scraping the entire units, caulking, and replacing wood before ever starting to paint. They are methodical, neat,and very hard workers taking great pride in their workmanship. The quality of paint being used gives a rich appearance, especially the front door and garage. Read more from neighbors